The simple, solid, certified Kubernetes distribution that just works.
We believe setting up and maintaining a complex platform like Kubernetes from scratch is not where the race is won. Just like with Linux, building it once is a good educational experience but not for real use. Kontena Pharos is the complete, maintained and certified Kubernetes distribution that works on-premises, on any cloud and beyond!
Easy to Install, Maintain and Extend
Kontena Pharos is always up-to-date and built from the latest upstream Kubernetes, including a standardized set of essential features. It is easy to install and maintain with the dedicated CLI tool. The standard deployment may be extended with ready made add-ons for most common use cases, or any extras from the Kubernetes ecosystem!
Open Source, Support Available
Kontena Pharos is made available with open core licensing model. The core contains all essential features and is 100% open source on Github under Apache 2 license. You can use it for free, for any purpose. For businesses, we offer commercial version with more functionality under Kontena License. Compare Kontena Pharos editions.
- Kubernetes Kernel: v1.13.4
- Supported Cluster Upgrade Strategies: Rolling (zero-downtime)*, Instant
- Supported Infrastructure: Private datacenter, Public cloud, Hybrid, Edge
- Supported Machine Types: Bare metal, VM
- Supported Machine Architectures: Intel (x86-64), ARM (ARM64)
- Supported Host Operating Systems: CentOS, Debian, Redhat, Ubuntu
- Supported Cluster Data Store Options: In-cluster elastic etcd with TLS, External etcd with TLS
- Supported Control Plane Availability Options: Single master, Multi-master
- Supported Workload Isolation Options: Worker nodes only, All nodes
- Supported Container Runtimes: Docker, Cri-o
- Supported CNI Plugins: Weave, Calico, Custom
- Supported Storage Providers:
- Public Cloud: AWS, GCP, Azure, Custom
- Private Cloud / On-Premises: Kontena Storage (rook/ceph)*, OpenStack, VMWare VSphere, Custom
- Built-In Security Conformance: CIS security benchmark, NIST SP 800-190
- Built-In Security Features: RBAC, Pod security policies, Network policies, Cluster firewall (firewalld), Host OS security updates, Cert-manager, Air gapped setup supported
- Built-In Networking Features:
- Built-In Applications Management Features: Helm
- Built-In Management UI: Kontena Lens*
- Built-In Backup & Disaster Recovery Features: Kontena Backup (ark)*
- Source Code: Available on Github
(*) Kontena Pharos PRO edition feature.
This documentation is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License